Currently serving as the Sloulin Field Regional Airport in Williston, this 900-acre site will be decommissioned in 2019 as a functioning airport, and it will be replaced by a new international airport, which CDG is overseeing at a cost of $265 million. As the new Williston Basin International Airport will be relocated to another site, the City of Williston conducted a national search for a private development partner.
Having been successfully engaged, CDG has been tasked to design and develop a new master plan for the entire Sloulin Field site once airport operations are concluded and the facility is decommissioned.
This substantially large site is proposed to include:
- A new convention center and adjacent hotel
- Single-family and multi-housing homes
- A commercial office and industrial park
- An array of advanced retail offerings
- An interpretive center reflecting the Baaken Region
- A new municipal golf course
- A new outdoor amphitheater
- An expansive technology park, and
- A foreign trade zone
Ultimately, CDG will take the substantial acreage of airport land and transform it into a vibrant mixed-use development intended to reshape not only the commercial viability of Williston, but an expansion and execution of its visionary aspirations as well. Towards this end, Cardon Advisors – a subsidiary of Cardon Development Group – has also been engaged by the City of Williston to advance a 10-year Strategic Economic Development Plan.